Sliders

  • KEY OF THUNDERA Paper kit available to buy soon
  • My Iron Man Paper mask
  • My Kryten movie features in this books DVD
  • FULL SCALE BAZOOKOID PAPER PROP UNDER DEVELOPMENT

Text

Glen creates Pop-Craft. Professional custom-made model kits using craft materials for the internets growing Fan-Film & Cosplay communities to reproduce and utilise within their own creative endeavors. Careful attention to detail guarantees the highest quality and craftsmanship in every paper kit he produces.
Why not join in the fun and become part of this community. If your a cosplayer, film-maker, artist, "actor", or are just looking for something creative to do then he has lots of exciting ideas and bespoke projects to help inspire you in the production of your own affordable fan-film, Mockbuster or Mash-up.

Tuesday 27 January 2009

Project: Kryten Head prop 1:1 scale

I love Red Dwarf and have long thought that the angler shape of Kryten's head could be made into a rather convincing paper model. I decided to start this project shortly after being made redundant to cheer me up in between a rather disheartening spell of job hunting.
Kryten, (pictured left), for those not in the know, is a series 4000 Mechanoid from the BBC's popular Sci-Fi comedy series Red Dwarf, the actor Robert Llewellyn is the man behind the mask...

What I especially like about Kryten is that over the 8 seasons of the show his character has developed many facets.
My initial concept was to develop a basic paper model of Kryten and encourage the fans to customise it, adapting my basic design into their personal favorite variation of Kryten. However, as time went on I became a bit obsessive over this particular paper sculpt, constantly trying to get the look just right.
My perfectionist obsession has seriously dragged this project out. The real problem I started to realize was that with each season the characters make up effects kept changing, so each new reference picture I found of him to help me resolve the issues I was having meant that my paper sculpture constantly evolved too...

Frustrating times indeed...