Sliders

  • KEY OF THUNDERA Paper kit available to buy soon
  • My Iron Man Paper mask
  • My Kryten movie features in this books DVD
  • FULL SCALE BAZOOKOID PAPER PROP UNDER DEVELOPMENT

Text

Glen creates Pop-Craft. Professional custom-made model kits using craft materials for the internets growing Fan-Film & Cosplay communities to reproduce and utilise within their own creative endeavors. Careful attention to detail guarantees the highest quality and craftsmanship in every paper kit he produces.
Why not join in the fun and become part of this community. If your a cosplayer, film-maker, artist, "actor", or are just looking for something creative to do then he has lots of exciting ideas and bespoke projects to help inspire you in the production of your own affordable fan-film, Mockbuster or Mash-up.

Monday 7 December 2009

Commissioned Work: Slot Together Mask

This was an interesting challenge on two fronts. Firstly (the fun bit) to design and produce a three dimensional slot together mask for a youngsters themed Birthday party.

This meant that the final design had to be fairly intuitive to assemble. I'm quite pleased with my solution considering that it only requires 8 component parts to make it look good. I'm still waiting to hear if everyone managed to assemble them with relative ease.

The second challenge of this particular brief, once I had my final working prototype was to mass produce it to ensure that all the guests at this party had one each to ware.

Mass production is a poignant issues for me at the moment and over the next couple of months I'll be experimenting on how best to distribute some of my other models. In many respects I'm glad that this project fell on my lap because it has really been a wake up call for me and I've learnt a lot.
The number one lesson has to be that I really need to invest in a cad cutter because, after printing out 50 A3 sheets of card, cutting & folding 200 individual bits, sorting and bagging them all up to form 27 paper mask kits... my hands are really aching at the moment :-)

This has given me lots of ideas for the future of Project Cutter - exciting times ahead...