Sliders

  • KEY OF THUNDERA Paper kit available to buy soon
  • My Iron Man Paper mask
  • My Kryten movie features in this books DVD
  • FULL SCALE BAZOOKOID PAPER PROP UNDER DEVELOPMENT

Text

Glen creates Pop-Craft. Professional custom-made model kits using craft materials for the internets growing Fan-Film & Cosplay communities to reproduce and utilise within their own creative endeavors. Careful attention to detail guarantees the highest quality and craftsmanship in every paper kit he produces.
Why not join in the fun and become part of this community. If your a cosplayer, film-maker, artist, "actor", or are just looking for something creative to do then he has lots of exciting ideas and bespoke projects to help inspire you in the production of your own affordable fan-film, Mockbuster or Mash-up.

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Projects: Mosquitor Mask

Back in February this year Pixel-Dan was set a challenge to show up at the San Diego Comic Con, dressed as his favourite Masters of the Universe character, Mosquitor. The Challenge really captured my imagination. I immediately knew how I would make the eyes, (if I were in Dan's shoes), but Mosquitors head is a really awkward shape to  try and replicate. This problem had been buzzing about my head for a few months and simply wouldn't go away. In order for me to get some piece of mind I just had to start plotting the head out in SketchUp. Before I knew it, everything started to come together so I took the project a step further by making a card prototype. About half way through the build I started to think, "what on earth am I going to do with this once it's finished"? 


On a whim, I decided to send Dan a quick message to find out how he was getting on with his costume.  As it turned out he was still stumped, so I offered him my prototype to wear. After returning from the con Dan was keen to interview me about this project because a lot people were asking him how it was made. To find out more, head on over to Dan's website to read the interview. Lots of extra pictures to see there plus my video showing the masks construction. He has even agreed to host the nets and assembly instruction for me. So, if you would like to make a Mosquitor mask for yourself, simply download the files from there and give it a go. It would be great to see how you got on this this project.

Check out some of my past Masters of the Universe themed projects, such as a Sky Sled model and some experimental displays and dioramas for your MOTU Classics figures. I think I might start designing some more Masters of the Universe masks. This project has given me an idea...