Full size wearable craft card Cyberman masks for 2014….. Anyone interested? :-)

Sliders

  • KEY OF THUNDERA Paper kit available to buy soon
  • My Iron Man Paper mask
  • My Kryten movie features in this books DVD
  • FULL SCALE BAZOOKOID PAPER PROP UNDER DEVELOPMENT

Text

Glen creates Pop-Craft. Professional custom-made model kits using craft materials for the internets growing Fan-Film & Cosplay communities to reproduce and utilise within their own creative endeavors. Careful attention to detail guarantees the highest quality and craftsmanship in every paper kit he produces.
Why not join in the fun and become part of this community. If your a cosplayer, film-maker, artist, "actor", or are just looking for something creative to do then he has lots of exciting ideas and bespoke projects to help inspire you in the production of your own affordable fan-film, Mockbuster or Mash-up.

Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Project: Klytus Mask

Once I finally figured how to add chrome foil to my card models, a whole world of possibilities opened up to me. One project I really wanted to experiment with first was to create a Klytus mask.


General Klytus as he was refereed to, (pictured above), is the henchman of Emperor Ming and head of Ming's secret police force in the movie, Flash Gordon. Released in 1980 this film is a real cult classic that's most noted for it's soundtrack which was composed by and featured Queen. The character of Klytus was played by Peter Wyngard who incidentally played Timanov, a character from the 1963 Doctor Who series, appearing in a four parter entitled, Planet of Fire.


It was really difficult for me to tell if the 'teeth' section of his mask were supposed to be either silver or gold. Because of the reflections cast on his mask through out the movie, it's really hard to tell for sure. In the end I decided to make them silver for my paper version and I'm really please with how this has turned out. All I need to do now is to design a fabric hood to accompany this kit. - it's been a long time since I last used a sewing machine...


25 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too amazing to receive no comments. Smashing Job! Cheers!

Kami Kapnobatai said...

Amazing! Wish I had one

Glenn Kaestner said...

Please email me glennkaestner@yahoo.com I am very interested in purchasing one of your klytus masks!!! Your work is Terrific!!!!

Anonymous said...

I would also love to purchase a mask. vincennesmagic@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to either purchase one of these masks or if you could provide a detailed tutorial/instructions on how to craft one I would be deeply grateful. This has been by far one of the greatest Klytus masks I have yet to see I would love to have one myself.

If you could kindly offer assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

millennium_major@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!
I have always been obsessed with everything Flash Gordon (the 1980 movie). The costumes and sets are just mindblowing!
I too would love to buy one Klytus mask.

skykeith@hotmail.com

rupert said...

Amazing! Is there a template available to download at all?
I'm putting on a party next Saturday and would love to try and make one!....

thanks

Rupert

ru@mysecretdisco.com

Dan said...

I Know this has Proboly been Said Too many time's, But Many of us would Love to Have a Klytus Mask of our Own, So if you can Post the Template and and Instructions of the Mask, We would be So thankful, Also Please send On of the Template/instruction Files to me at Prime741@hotmail.com

Glen said...

Thank you for your comments.

I can make this mask for anyone who wants one. There is a cost involved to cover my time, the materials, and the shipping. If you want to place an order for my Klytus mask email me directly through my contacts page. Allow a two week build time and I will send you a Paypal invoice for £47 once it has been assembled.

James Calloway said...

Could you ship to the US ? We'd definitely like one. my email is calloway1972@gmail.com

matrix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
matrix said...

I got one!
Great mask, if you love Klytus, you will LOVE this mask. Get one today!

Lloyd Van Buren said...

I'm wanting one, but do you ship to the states?

matrix said...

I live in the states, so yes that will be no problem.

DIRTKNAP F/X said...

I am interested in purchasing one. Can you email me price, payment information and more pics. Thanks
Tim

Glen said...

Hi all.

Thank you for your comments.

I have sold eight Klytus Masks so far, six of them went to the States and number 9 will be going to Japan very shortly.

For anyone wishing to commission a Klytus mask from me. I charge £47. They will be hand made and assembled by me so all the hard work will be done for you. This price also includes the shipping cost to anywhere in the world.

I you want one please send your requests via my contacts page;

http://projectcutter.blogspot.co.uk/p/contact.html

and I will send a Paypal invoice for the £47

Thank you again for your support and comments, keep them coming..

What mask would you like me to make next?
Glen.

Anonymous said...

Are you still making this mask as I am very interested in purchasing, do you also make the gold arm by any chance or know where I could source one?

Anonymous said...

Good question, but I was considering just substituting a gold colored spandex long glove. But a real gold arm wold work nicely.

MercyfulUngol said...

I can't seem to access you via contact page, so hopefully you get this here, haha. I would like to purchase one of these amazing masks from you if possible. Here is my contact information:

Sabbat_rlz@yahoo.com

Thanks very much, I hope to hear back from you!
Amazing work!

-Paul

Anonymous said...

I would like to purchase one also, you can contact me at fonzfu1@yahoo.co.uk

thanks

Anonymous said...

yeah I want one as well. How much????? ramon_mehazehac@hotmail.com

Glen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glen said...

Hello all, I had no idea the Kontactr form wasn't working. Their site no longer works which explains why. So, I have added an all new contact form to the front page of my blog, so I can keep an eye on it this time. ;-) Thanks - Glen

Zyn Valley said...

Nice, i need one. Would you sell me one or sell me a detailed instruction?
s.schwan86@yahoo.de

Anonymous said...

I need one ASAP. Jbgonza29@gmail.com