Sliders

  • KEY OF THUNDERA Paper kit available to buy soon
  • My Iron Man Paper mask
  • My Kryten movie features in this books DVD
  • FULL SCALE BAZOOKOID PAPER PROP UNDER DEVELOPMENT

Text

Glen creates Pop-Craft. Professional custom-made model kits using craft materials for the internets growing Fan-Film & Cosplay communities to reproduce and utilise within their own creative endeavors. Careful attention to detail guarantees the highest quality and craftsmanship in every paper kit he produces.
Why not join in the fun and become part of this community. If your a cosplayer, film-maker, artist, "actor", or are just looking for something creative to do then he has lots of exciting ideas and bespoke projects to help inspire you in the production of your own affordable fan-film, Mockbuster or Mash-up.

Friday 21 November 2008

Project: Life-Sized Human Brain Part 1

This seemed a good idea in the beginning and number two on my childhood creative paper model wish list... There's just something appealing to a young lad about a brain in a glass jar bent on revenge... :-)

From Left to right; Boskov - Evil Con Carne,
Krang - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,
Alien Brain - The Fiend Without a Face, and Cain - Robocp 2

My inital sketch model works well enough, it even fits into my paper skull model (bit of a tight squeeze - maybe I've a bit more tweeking to do on it...) but, what really I could'nt figure out is how to get the artwork onto this complex paper model... I don't want to map a texture onto the computer modeled version they always come out stretched, blured and horrid. No, I want bright crisp and colourful arworks like those on my greetings cards.
In order to get the artwork to aline correctly maybe I'll need to simplify the shape even more... (?)

Oh well, I'll think of something. Till then I've put this project of mine 'on the back burner' for now... will come back to it later when I have a few graphic illustrator friends knocking at my door wanting a challenge - he,he,he - evil laugh :-)